- All of the new water system on the north side of the Iowa River has been put into service.
- The tower and three wells in Middle Amana were put into service December 19th
- The High Amana well system was started up January 10th. All of the old wells have been removed from full-time service.
- Two wells in Amana, two wells in East Amana and the old wells in High Amana and West Amana will be abandoned in accordance with the EPA regulations. Well #6 (under the current Amana water tower) and the golf course will will be kept for emergency back-up wells.
- Flushing of the water mains and adjustments to the water treatment will be an ongoing effort to provide the best quality water possible from the new water system.
- Demolition of the old water towers will be performed around mid-summer. Transferring of cell phone equipment, in Middle Amana, to the new water tower needs to be completed before demolition can begin.
- Seeding of lawns and restorative (including concrete for drive-ways, etc.) work in spring of 2019 since it is too cool to plant grass seed and expect it to thrive in 2018